Free White Papers
Ask the experts
Got a question? Put us to the test
Recent White Papers
The Future of Social Care
Power and Corporate Politics
Change and the Shadowside
MANAGing change through ppm
How We Can Help
Local authorities are increasingly adopting robust programme and project management arrangements to effectively co-ordinate and control the wide range of tasks and activities that contribute to the delivery of the overall vision for the communities they serve.
Oakleigh are widely recognised as being at the forefront of best practice in using programme and project management (PPM) to deliver organisational change having helped develop both the PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Programmes methodologies.
These are widely accepted throughout the world as current best practice.
Our support to local authorities who are using PPM to deliver change includes:
- Coaching and advising programme and project managers
- Business case development
- Benefits realisation planning
- Risk mapping and management
- Programme blueprint and project brief workshops
- Programme and project reviews and health checks
- Programme Board, Senior Responsible Owner, Programme Office and Project Manager training
These approaches have been refined to support the delivery of multi-organisation transformational change in order to better help local authorities respond to the challenges and opportunities that arise from both the Lyons review of local government and the Varney review of public service delivery.
Oakleigh has supported the delivery of large scale change using PPM in a number of high-profile clients including:
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Department for Education and Skills
- Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Legal Services Commission
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs