Free White Papers
Ask the experts
Got a question? Put us to the test
Recent White Papers
The Future of Social Care
Power and Corporate Politics
Change and the Shadowside
Programme and Project Management
Programme and Project Management (PPM) provides a powerful way to successfully deliver internal and external change. PPM was originally designed for making and delivering things but is now used much more widely.
With many years of experience of applying PPM in a wide variety of circumstances Oakleigh believe effective use of PPM is vital in policy and strategy development and for managing strategic transformation. We also believe the earlier PPM is applied, the better the chance of staying in control. But the challenge is how to apply PPM before there is agreement about what the transformation will entail.
Oakleigh developed several techniques to help develop this clarity. Two of them: 'Outcome Relationship Mapping' and '22 Key Questions' techniques are now used widely across Government.
The techniques maintain the rigor of PPM yet support the creativity required at the early stages of an initiative; enhanced by our extensive experience, they have allowed us to help our clients manage complex change.
What are the benefits?
Provided the level of PPM used matches the scale and complexity of the initiatives being undertaken it dramatically improves the chances of delivery.
It can also:
- Minimise costs and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reduce surprises and the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Improve the buy-in and engagement of stakeholders.
- Ensure the information is available to enable management to
exercise the appropriate level of control.
How can Oakleigh help?
Oakleigh provides a full range of PPM services including provision of skilled staff to:
- Set up, work in, or manage programmes and projects at all
levels of complexity.
- Develop or quality assure documentation such as initiation
documents, risk registers, business cases etc.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops.
- Carry out healthchecks, stocktakes, Gateway and other reviews;
- Provide PPM skills development and mentoring support.
Why can Oakleigh help?
Oakleigh has a long and successful track record in supporting and managing a wide array of intricate and highly visible programmes and projects across:
- Central and local government.
- Private sectors including energy, financial services,
technology companies, retail and banking.
Our consultants are:
- Fully adept with well-proven methodologies like PRINCE2
and those described in 'Managing Successful Programmes'.
- Skilled at applying PPM appropriately and at helping to build
effective teams with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert at adapting PPM to the environments in which they are used.
- A key part of our approach is to achieve good knowledge transfer and this has helped us to build productive, long-term relationships with our clients.
As one of our clients said:
"They have provided particularly supportive guidance and practical hands-on help without the hard sell. I have always been impressed by their honest and ethical approach to provide the right advice and service to achieve our outcomes.
We would not have achieved what we have without them".